Made from thin porcelain slices that match the color of your teeth, porcelain veneers can change your smile! By covering your teeth, they can change their size, shape, color and length for a seamless cosmetic transformation!
Make an appointment today and give a new shine to your smile with porcelain veneers!
Characteristics of porcelain veneers
- they look like your natural teeth;
- they are very resistant to coffee, tea and cigarette stains ;
- they are durable and solid;
- they can last over 10 years before being replaced;
- they can allow your dentist to repair nicks and cracks present in the enamel.
Porcelain veneers can also be used to solve a multitude of cosmetic dentistry challenges such as:
- enamel wear ;
- unequal teeth ;
- permanent stains such as ones caused by using antibiotics during childhood;
- colour, size and shape mismatch between your teeth
After your first cosmetic dentistry consultation, your dentist might tell you that veneers are a good option for you:
- your first appointment will consist in preparing your teeth to allow your dentist to place the veneers;
- your dentist will remove about 0.5 mm of enamel on the teeth that will be treated and will take an impression of your teeth;
- your dentist will then place natural looking temporary veneers during the time your permanent ones are being prepared in a dental laboratory.
- An appointment will be made two to three weeks after to place the permanent veneers on your teeth;
- After your dentist makes sure that the are properly placed and aligned, a special glue that hardens with a curing light will be used to ciment them into place;
After a full oral assessment, your dentist will determine if you are a suitable candidate for porcelain veneers and will review all treatment options with you.
If you smoke, have periodontal disease, have decayed or missing teeth, or require significant orthodontic treatment, you may have to undergo other dental procedures beforehand.